- Picking a patio door for your home seems simple until you try to do it. After all, it’s not an activity most of us often do, and it leads to a quest for good, concise data.
ClearView answers a lot of questions about patio doors since we have deep and detailed experience with them, as well as many other types of doors, windows, and aspects of exterior remodeling. We’re glad to share information to help you pick the perfect patio door for your home.
The patio door does as much for the back of a house as the main entry door does for the front of a house. A great front door adds character, enhances curb appeal, and creates an inviting entrance.
The patio door sets a tone for the back of the house and serves multiple purposes, too, such as:
- Serving as an entrance to the backyard and an exit from the home
- Flooding a room with natural light
- Providing a view of the outdoors
- Adding to the style of a house
- Adding energy efficiency
- Creating a focal point
Patio door styles vary enough that everyone can find one to fit their style and character. The selection helps people create a welcoming entrance and that just-right visual impact.
Things to Consider When Buying a Patio Door
The prompt to buy a new patio door differs from household to household. The door might be part of a remodeling job or a general upgrade to appearance and quality.
The door might also just be ready to be replaced. It might stick or be otherwise dysfunctional. It might have suffered a bad break, like the ones caused by a speedy sports ball or an accident with a heavy lawn chair. The effects of time take their toll with dings, scratches, and fading. From minor to major issues, people have a host of other reasons why they just decide it’s time for a new patio door.
When you’re ready to buy a new patio door, though, how can you narrow down your options? Take a look at the following tips to help:
- What is the main objective of the patio door project? The most common reasons are to create better functionality, improve aesthetics, or repair damage. Others goals might be to maximize natural light or to improve energy efficiency.
- What are the rough measurements of the space you want the door to fill?
- How much space is or can there be on either side of the door space?
- Do you want the door, or any portion of it, to be screened?
- What do you envision for color, finish, glass pattern, and hardware?
- What style of door best fits your surrounding indoor and outdoor décor?
- How much will you use the door? For example, all seasons or two, constant traffic, or occasional?
- How do the extreme temperatures of Wisconsin affect your needs?
- What is your budget for the door project?
- Do you have a deadline for your door project completion?
Once you’ve worked through this important list of wants and needs, we can help you determine what the right door is for your home. ClearView will help you chose the right door for your home and our professional team will install the door and give you the best experience possible.
Get in Touch
Madison Patio Door Experts
If you’re ready to take the next step, or for more replacement patio door information, contact ClearView Sunrooms & Windows, or call us at 608-226-9800 to get started!