When it comes to a sunroom built today, we are definitely in a different era.
Today’s sunroom is better looking, better performing and much more energy efficient than the stereotypical metal and glass contraptions of the past.
Stuck In Sunroom Past
Some people think of the products of forty years ago when they consider a sunroom addition to their home. They are usually pleasantly surprised to learn the single pane glass, aluminum/metallic-looking, non-insulated glass-roofed structures are now just a faded, bad memory.
The New Sunroom Era
ClearView sunroom products available to homeowners today are so technologically advanced in comparison to what people remember from the 70’s and 80’s, it’s almost funny.
There is really no comparison. The designs, incorporating new technologies, have created incredible options for homeowners. While 3-season sunroom designs are still available, 95% of the sunrooms built by ClearView are 4-Season sunrooms because there is very little difference in the investment. However, there is a huge increase in sunroom use year round.
Year Round Sunroom
One of the most popular sunroom options is an individual heating-cooling-heat pump unit because sunrooms are used differently than other rooms in a home. Comfort and energy efficiency are the final results of a separate climate control unit.
A four-season ClearView sunroom features Energy Star ™ rated double pane windows that are brick molded like replacement windows. In fact, replacement windows for your home can match the windows on your four-season sunroom exactly.
New Sunroom Technology – Bringing It All Together
- Insulated Floors
- Foundations are more stable (including platform floors, footed slabs, crawl spaces, basements)
- Walls with Energy Star ™ Windows, thermal separations and insulated extrusions
- Fit and finish are exceptional because rooms are built on-site by trim carpenters
- Sliding pop-out windows that are easy to clean and can be quickly removed for maximum ventilation with full screens
- Windows have a picture framed look (brick molded like traditional building) that can match replacement windows in the rest of the home
- Shingled roof to match existing roof whether it is an A-frame/gable or a slanted/studio roof
- Roofs are insulated (R-13, R-26, R-40) as compared to glass roofs rated at R-4
- The amount of glass, much more than used in traditional building methods, eliminates the “closed in feel”
- Heating for four-season sunrooms can be done many ways including a PTAC unit (heat-cool-heat pump), heated fans, a direct or zone heated furnace, a fireplace or stove (wood/electric/pellet/corn/gas)
- Passive solar gain can be significant if your All-Season room faces south or west.
- All windows use tempered glass for safety
Get in Touch
Madison Sunroom Experts
If you’re ready to take the next step, or for more 3 season and 4 season sunroom information, contact ClearView Sunrooms & Windows, or call us at 608-226-9800 to get started!